Support SCS

add my banner to your blog sidebar or website!

Recent Comments

Twitter

Sponsors

Become a Sponsor

Blood Falcons

Nicole Rork Photography

Site search

Archives

Strap ‘em to the hood!

Pop quiz, hot shot: While getting drunk, you run out of alcohol and need to make a trip to the liquor store, but there’s no babysitter available to watch your kids. Do you A) call a friend and have them bring you booze, B) go to bed disappointed, or C) pile your kids into the car and drive drunk to the store?

If you answered “C,” then you’ve almost recreated Aaron S. Stefanski’s Monday night. All that’s left to do is strap the four kids to the hood of your car in the liquor store parking lot and get arrested for DUI and felony neglect while driving home. You read that correctly.

A witness near the liquor store called police after he saw Stefanski and a woman secure the kids to the hood of his car with a tow strap and then drive away.

A nearby U.S. Marshall spotted the vehicle and pulled it over after intercepting the police call with his radio. He immediately recognized Stefanski’s vehicle by the four children strapped to the hood.

The children, ages 4, 5, 6, and 7, were unharmed. According to reports, the three youngest kids were Stefanski’s and the eldest was the daughter of the woman that he was arrested with.

Stefanski allegedly told police that he thought the kids would enjoy the ride, and that he was only going to drive around the corner. His blood alcohol level was 0.17 — more than twice the legal limit in Indiana.

Both Stefanski and his female accomplice were arrested. Stefanski was charged with three felony counts of neglect of a dependent, felony operating a vehicle while intoxicated, and four misdemeanor counts of criminal recklessness. The woman faces a felony neglect charge and her child was turned over to the state. Stefanski’s three kids were turned over to their mother.

A man with 0.17 BAC shouldn’t be driving, but should still be coherent enough to realize that the best (read: least obvious) way to make room for the booze would be to cram the kids in the trunk.

Stefanski’s Facebook profile can be viewed HERE. Troll away.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Post to Twitter Post to Digg Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to StumbleUpon

Comments

Comment from footlong
Time May 10, 2012 at 8:43 am

Remember when Dad used to get drunk and just let us drive?……of course after we had a beer or 2 ourselves lol

Comment from Dustin
Time May 10, 2012 at 10:30 am

That was the 90s though, and that’s how you were supposed to learn how to drive back then haha

Comment from adfuse1.blogspot.com
Time March 18, 2013 at 7:08 pm

This is the third blog, of urs I personally read through.

And yet I actually like this specific 1,
_Sidecarsally – Your Source for Offbeat News and Reviews
Strap em to the hood!_ the most. All the best ,Edmund

Comment from http://Mrparacord.com/
Time April 22, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I really blog likewise and I_m posting something very close to this blog, _Sidecarsally – Your Source for Offbeat News and Reviews
Strap em to the hood!_. Would you care if perhaps I actuallyuse a little of your
own tips? Many thanks ,Ana

Comment from Cassandra
Time August 17, 2013 at 7:39 pm

_Sidecarsally – Your Source for Offbeat News and Reviews
Strap em to the hood!_ was in fact a really great
article, . Continue composing and I will keep reading! Thanks for your effort -Herbert

Comment from savewaterteam.com/plesk-stat/canadagooseparis/
Time November 27, 2013 at 11:25 pm

If it’s not enough, you can also track your minutes used on your own cell phone, texting and data plan usage
savewaterteam.com/plesk-stat/canadagooseparis/ http://savewaterteam.com/plesk-stat/canadagooseparis//

Comment from canada goose expedition parka herr
Time November 27, 2013 at 11:38 pm

About per week PP, I started up again with walking, then eventually classes, weight training, and lastly running about a few months ago
canada goose expedition parka herr http://www.dundertaget.se/goosejakke.html/

Comment from chanel bags sale
Time November 28, 2013 at 2:25 am

I understand they can have cupcake scoops, but I haven’t tried them yet ( I have a problem with tools that may only be used for one thing
chanel bags sale http://www.microtracers.com/chanel//

Comment from Carina
Time December 20, 2013 at 11:49 am

I’m gone to inform my little brother, that he should also go to
see this blog on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date information.

Comment from canonists
Time March 28, 2014 at 7:08 am

That is really interesting, You’re an excessively skilled blogger.
I’ve joined your feed and look ahead to in quest of more of your wonderful
post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks

Write a comment